Here, we present you a complete step by step tutorial how to install Betternet for Windows PC and laptop. With this, you will get free and unlimited VPN service for your ultimate security and privacy protection. Betternet is compatible with ranged version of Windows operating system, Windows 10, 8, and Windows 7.
Quick Review Installing Betternet for Windows
Installing Betternet for Windows is relatively easy with no advanced knowledge required. By simply following the instructions given, I believe you can install it without any problem. However, there are some requirements to fill.
To run, Betternet needs Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (we will cover this on how to install Betternet guide below). Before the installation, Betternet will check this component availability. If your PC hasn’t got one, Betternet will automatically download and install it. However, if you prefer to manually download the offline installer here Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (66MB)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 itself has its own requirements
- Supported Operating System
Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Hardware Requirements:
1 GHz or faster processor
512 MB of RAM
4.5 GB of available storage space
The Betternet file installer itself takes size only about 10MB. Hence, you don’t need a large storage for Betternet.
This app is very light, that even works on PC/Laptop with low resources. If you still own your old laptop, then this is the right tool to get free unlimited VPN service.
How to install Betternet for PC Windows
Here is step by step guide to install Betternet on your Windows. We use Windows 7 as example here, however this won’t be a problem since the user interface for higher Windows is the same.
- First, download the installer Betternet for Windows
- Next, double click to open the installer
- Installation will started. If you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed, skip this step and jump to point number 7. Otherwise, this you will see a window below
- Click Install to begin. This may takes a while depend on your connection speed. The size is 66MB, be patient.
- When installation is completed, you will be prompted to restart the Windows. You can do it now or later. The choice is yours.
- If you decided to reboot the Windows, the Betternet setup will resumed automatically. If not, you can open the installer again to install.
- Once Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed, Betternet installation will be continued.
- Since Betternet is a small program (only 10MB), the installation will be quick. At the end of the progress, you will see a message from windows security
Click install for TAP-Windows v9 Network Adapter. This component is made by OpenVPN, which largely used by many VPN services to create virtual adapter.
- Done. You can open Betternet either from your desktop icon or start menu.
How to use Betternet App on Windows
Using Betternet is as easy as one click connect. Once you launch the Betternet, there will be a small window appear on the right-bottom of your screen. The user interface is relatively simple with large “CONNECT” button below the logo. Connect it to start using VPN.